Sunday, December 16, 2007

Forza Italia, Szeged, Hungary

The place was not totally unknown. I have already been there, so I did not went for the unexpected. That was the first Forza Italia vs. Mini Tesco that I did, and I liked it. So I went for it again. To the place, just in front of the shop selling PPE.

The Forza Italia is a very simple building with very simple decoration. The entrance is also simple, just like the furnitures and the menu. The latter has a lot of pizza on it, some pasta - things you would expect from an Italian restaurant.

The first impression is good: kind waiters and a pizza oven makes you think this might be a real ristorante. Or wait a minute: is the pizza oven situated in the front of those pizzerias you find in those little villages in Piemont? Think about it.

No possibility of some beer or wine - I have job to catch -, so I went immediately for the bargain of the house: Tortellini soup. It is basically Tortellini in a beef soup. Nothing special, except if you make it fresh. And they do. Not the soup. They surely make it in the morning. Shame. But not on the powder. The taste is very different, and each drop of grease on the top of it is a pedigree. But the tortellini in the soup - that's the real freshness. Perfect quality and taste. And all this, for less then 2 and half bucks.

I chose pizza as main dish, a thing called Tirole. It is simple pizza with prosciutto di Parma. Why is it associated with Tirol? No clue. The pizza is fresh and tasty, thin, with a crispy base. The sauce is very much Italian, not ketchup at all. The ham is not just the one you can find in any supermarket. So the components are faultless. But together, they are a little bit weak. No harmony, no common taste, no contrast. It is just like putting the content of my fridge into a bowl. Do you think I would do it?

The last time I went for a Calzone, and it was far better. Anyway, this lunch was a really good one, way better than the last one. The chef of Forza was brave enough to cook fresh food and it was a really good choice. If you are looking for a place to sit down and eat a good meal, you can look for this restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello.. I think that you visited an italian cousine restaurant located in Szeged and that you wrote a critic based on not italian food dishes... I mean you can express better opinion for a Italian cousine restaurant if you try the obvious : pizzas and spaggetti dishes....

A foreign medical student living i n szeged